Pictures from my Gou Da Li

These were some of my pictures from my Gou Da Li. It is a small event, usually it falls one or two weeks before the wedding. The groom will bring stuffs, usually food to the bride house, the bride parents will keep some and return some to the groom house. My hubby brought 2 hard liquid in exchange for two bottle of orange juice. He also brought oranges, sweets, red dates, cakes, cakes vouchers for friends, pig leg can food, gold for the bride and pin jin for the bride's parents. The pin jin is a sum of money which my parents will return some to the groom. All these food stuffs will have a double "xi" chinese character sticker on them.


We were suppose to place all the gifts from the Groom side in front of our ancestor altar and report to him when is our wedding dates.

No comments: